Pyrogel XT & XTF - Flexible Insulation for Hot Work
Product for moderate to high temperatures:
- 40°C to 650°C
Thicknesses: 0.20in (5mm), 0.40in (10mm)
Our best selling flexible Aerogel blanket insulation, Pyrogel delivers better thermal performance, improved durability and faster installation times than the incumbent insulation materials used in industrial hot applications today.
Pyrogel withstands high temperature environments, providing excellent thermal performance under extreme conditions, also delivering acoustic performances for noise reduction. With hydrophobic agents preventing CUI (corrosion under insulation), superior strength, durability and longevity, all at a reduced profile compared to incumbent technologies, the energy savings are unmatched.
- Space Saving - other high temperature insulation materials have to be applied in extremely large thicknesses to achieve the same results with Pyrogel XT
- Thermal Performance - lowest K-value of any industrial insulation product
- Durable - resists high impact loads (hundreds of psi) with no damage and no compromise in performance. Deforms under compression with excellent bounce-back properties
- Fire Resistant - whether it’s a pool of burning liquid hydrocarbons or a high-pressure jet fire impinging directly on the insulation, Pyrogel protects piping and equipment better than any other insulation material on the market
- Lightweight - lighter than other insulation material on an installed basis. Pyrogel can be safely handled on the job site and reduces overall loading of the pipe and equipment support structure.
Pyrogel XT & XTF Advantages
In various applications, Pyrogel offers a significantly higher technical outcome using 30-60% less material volume. Pyrogel can be installed in a one-step process, approximately 50% faster than the application of Calcium Silicate or Cellular Glass resulting in considerable labour savings.
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
Smaller Logistical Footprint
When considering remote locations and complex procurement schedules, allowing on-site installation of the material where previously, due to evironmental contraints, this could not be considered.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Lower Installation Costs
Pyrogel is supplied in blanket form on rolls, which can be cut to suit to any pipe diameter. Logistically this allows for flexibility when scheduling the release for work fronts, compared with the possible delay awaiting fabrication and delivery of specific diameter and thickness of pre-formed Calcium Silicate or Cellular Glass.
Aerogel insulation requires 30-60% less material verses conventional alternatives such as PIR and Cellular Glass. Therefore less material produced means less waste generated both during production and for end-of-life disposal. The net environmental impact from the manufacturing and solid waste is conservatively assumed to be less than 2% providing a sound solution for environmentally sensitive areas.
From an industrial perspective, maintaining process control can provide significant benefits in reducing total energy usage over the life of the asset.
In various applications, Pyrogel offers a significantly higher technical outcome using 30-60% less material volume.
Pyrogel can be installed in a one-step process, approximately 50% faster than the application of Calcium Silicate or Cellular Glass resulting in considerable labour savings.